Friday, June 27, 2008

Seattle: Day 13

As we boarded the bus, our friendly bus driver greeted us with,
"You're tourists, right?"
Our cover had been blown.

Well, a good portion of the day was spent shopping
downtown near Pike's Place Market.

Once we all ran out of juice,
Nana, Poppop, & I hopped on the bus,
and went over to Voxx coffee.
Conveniently located below Leslie's apartment.

Leslie got in from work and we all devised a plan for the evening.
We went to the art museum located
on University of WA's campus.
The Great Pyramids of UW.
My favorite piece in the gallery.It's actually around 10-12 feet tall!

Each of these glass parts were hand blown by the artist.
Comparing the sculpture to the galaxy.
The blueprints. Inspired by the vast universe.

Afterwards, we went out for dinner at Duke's.
I ordered the seafood chop chop.
A delightful melody of lettuce, shrimp, scallops, and cashews.
Drizzled with a tangy lemon vinaigrette.

I should be writing these menus.

We left Duke's with the idea of a free lenny scoop in mind.
In Fremont there is a Lennon statue.
It is for sale. Asking price: $250,000.

The gelato place located directly behind this statue
offers a free mini "lenny" scoop with every scoop purchased.
That's no cherry on top.
That's a lenny scoop!

You might think the day ended here.
However, the night was young and so am I.

I brought scrabble over to Caitie's a little bit after 10.
Mrs. Handron said that once we finished the game
she would walk with us to bring me back
OR
I could stay the night for a sleepover.

A sleepover? When was the last time that occurred?!

Caitie and I unanimously nodded in concurrence .
I placed a call to Leslie, who gave consent,
only after speaking with Mrs. Handron to make sure this wasn't
some self devised plan between Caitie and I.

I came back to the apartment to get some jammies
and returned to the dock to play a game of monopoly.

As it grew later and later
my monopoly gusto faded and
my banking skills were sub-par.

Time for bed.



No comments: