Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Seattle: Day 5

This morning's destination: Troll Ave.

Dressed in my Seattle best, I set off with Becki for the three mile walk.
Sneakers and a Scarf: The Perfect Pair.

So, after parting at a nearby intersection, we continued in our separate directions.
Hers was to work and mine was to the Fremont Troll.
There's my boy!

Sir, I believe you have something on your nose.

Oh, no worries, it's just a little gnome.


I left the troll, making my way back to Leslie's apartment.
I soon passed a curious sight though...
I wonder how you earn that title?

Needless to say, I took this picture in passing.
There's really no excuse to hang out in front of a death wall.
Well, maybe stupidity...

I met up with Caitie, a Seattle local, for lunch and I taught her a bit about her city.
Heh, strangely I could give you better directions around Seattle
than I could in Englewood.

Leslie came home from work. I proposed Sushi. She agreed!
We went to Blue C. Sushi in Fremont.
A pretty spiffy place where you sit around the edge of a conveyor belt
and grab the plate you want as it passes by.
You can even watch them making the sushi in the center.
http://www.bluecsushi.com/

I was so delighted to be there I didn't even whip out the camera.
It's kind of hard to photograph a gnome
when your chopsticks are clicking away happily.

Here's how it works:

large menu board

1: see the dish you want
2: take it off the belt
3: eat
4: stack your plates
5: press the button for service and check out
Non-belt items: ask your server about miso soup,
frozen desserts and other special menu items.

With only a short time to digest we met Kristen for a yoga class.
It was absolutely beautiful. I wish I had gotten a picture of the studio.
On the mat, which covered the entire floor.
http://www.yogiway.com/

We were instructed by William.
He was such a trip. In Leslie's words: "Theatrical"
I think she summed that up nicely!

One more stop before the night ended.
Gelato.
Italian translation: Frozen

Last night was an early night for me. Thank goodness.
Because as I sit here this morning typing away
I am proud to claim 8 hours of sleep in my repertoire.









No comments: