Sunday, June 22, 2008

Seattle: Day 9

Lazy Sunday.
Leslie and I met up with Becki for a breaky/ brunch/ lunch.
Take your pick.
Marionberry blintzes with fresh fruit on the side.
Delish!

I just quoted Rachel Ray, whom I loathe, I must be tired!

We went upstairs to grab some laptops and went
down to Voxx Coffee- the cafe downstairs.
I ordered a steamed soymilk to earn my keep
and an outlet for a few hours.

We left for gasworks park in search of hoopers.

There was a band playing: Athens At Dawn.
Great sound! A 10 on the scale of hoop jams.



We came across some more friendly park goers
and hooped a little bit longer.

Then, it was time to get going-
Circus Contraption at 7pm.
We grabbed some grub at the local PCC for dinner.
When we arrived at Circus Contraption
Allison had already saved 4 seats for all of us.

This show was incredible!
It was a burlesque, dark, vaudeville style circus act.
If you ever have the opportunity to see this-
Jump on it!
My favorite piece in the show.
The mermaid aerialist performance.

Hello!? Wouldn't this be hard enough
without
your legs being strapped together?


I also thought this guy was hysterical : D
Not everyone can transform themselves into a monkey
cuter than Aladdin's own Abu.

Dr. Calamari & Acrophelia.

This was one intense dynamic duo!
Balance, strength, and coordination.

I purchased their CD as a souvenir.
Kind of French and Klezmer.
(Leslie came up with that latter term for me,
since I couldn't quite place the sound.)

We were leaving the show,
and as we approached the vehicle
we saw that the flashers were on.
The battery was out.

Allison tried to give us a jump start...
she ended up calling in back-up for us though.

Meanwhile I was hooping.
Thank goodness we could still get into the trunk.






No comments: